Learn about nutrition and healthy eating while developing basic food preparation skills through preparation of healthy snacks and simple meals.
- Foods & Nutrition
- Healthy Living
- Local Foods
For Youth Grades K-5
- Elementary-age youth learn about nutrition, food preparation skills, and healthy eating over 6 or more hours.
- Youth will develop basic food preparation skills by preparing healthy snacks and simple meals.
- Teen Teachers will develop teaching and leadership skills.
- Teen Teachers lead program participants in the experiential learning activities.
- Teen Teachers serve as role models for the younger youth.
- Teen Teachers complete at least 10 hours of training prior to leading the program.
10 hours of training for teen teachers in positive youth development, experiential learning, ages and stages, and group management as well as content-specific training in nutrition, food safety, and food preparation taught by SNAP Ed staff
Program includes at least 6 hours of content for participants.