Enrolling in 4-H
Below are detailed instructions for enrolling in Illinois 4-H.
Welcome to Illinois 4-H! Youth who wish to participate in 4-H events, clubs or programs and adults who will be serving as volunteers must enroll in the 4-H program through ZSuite.
Creating a Household/Family Account
The first thing you are going to do is go to 4h.zsuite.org.
- Click on SIGN UP.
- Select ILLINOIS from the state drop-down menu.
- Select your county of residence in the next drop-down.
- Enter your preferred email address and confirm it.
- Enter the last name of the primary household member who will be responsible for the 4-H youth information entered into the system.
- Create and confirm a password that is easily remembered. The password needs to be at least 6 characters in length.
- Create a 4-character PIN. This PIN allows the primary adult household member to electronically sign documents for enrollment.
- Select LET'S GO.
Your family account has now been created.
To enroll as a volunteer or as a 4-H member:
- From your family account dashboard click on the +HOUSEHOLD MEMBER button.
- Enter the member or volunteer’s name, role, and birth date for youth. Click CONTINUE.
- Then you will enter the requested member or volunteer personal information. Required fields are starred. When you are done with that, click NEXT.
- Next you will read and electronically sign the 4-H participation waivers and releases. When you are done, click NEXT.
- Then you will get a club screen where you will select if you're there to enroll in a club or not. Select "I AM signing up for a club", then you'll get options to select your club (or clubs) and desired projects. If you select "I AM NOT signing up for a club" you will skip the club and project selection and proceed to be able to submit your enrollment (at that point you can register for an event or add another family member).
- Start by hitting the +ADD CLUB button.
- On the window that pops up, first select your county. This defaults to the county submitted when you created your account. You may need to select another county to find your desired club.
- Then select your club from the drop-down list. When you select a club, you’ll see a club description that will tell you more about your selected group. If you are happy with your selection, finalize it by hitting the ADD CLUB button.
- Select +ADD PROJECT for the club selected. Select the desired project from the drop-down menu. Learn more about all the Illinois 4-H projects here. Select ADD PROJECT and your selection will be added to the club. Feel free to add additional clubs or projects. If you make a mistake or wish to remove a project, select the X next to the project name and confirm you wish to delete the project.
- When done, click ADD TO CART.
- You will be taken to the cart checkout. From that screen you can select to add additional family members or complete your enrollment and pay.
- Once you have added all additional members or volunteers, click pay for enrollments on the main screen.
- Enter your payment information on the cart checkout, if applicable. You can pay online with a credit card or via check at your local Extension office.
Once that is complete, your enrollments will be submitted to the county Extension office for review. Your enrollment status will be changed to “approved” upon review and receipt of payment if applicable.
Once you’re approved, you’re ready to explore all that 4-H has to offer! Find your spark by participating in 4-H experiences and events locally, regionally, statewide, or nationally!
Ready to register for an event?
Head to our ZSuite Event Registration How-To page.
Need more help?
Use the ZSuite support chat or email in the bottom right of the enrollment system screens, or contact your local Extension office.