Ready4Work is a workforce readiness program that teaches life skills necessary to increase the number of qualified applicants for the workforce in the United States. This curriculum will focus on how youth can build their resumes and cover letters, dressing for success, interviewing skills, career planning, social media etiquette, time management and more.
- College Readiness
- Financial Literacy
For Youth Grades Youth grades 7-12, but may be adapted for displaced adult workers
- Youth learn about admission requirements for Illinois colleges, trade schools, and apprenticeship programs
- Youth & Families learn about costs and payment methods of post secondary education
- Youth & families learn how to set and build an action plan for reaching post-secondary education goals
- Youth learn how to assess and increase their success and competitive advantage while in high school.
- Families learn how to identify and access key resources to help their child succeed
- Youth & families gain an ally to support success
- Youth have access to a larger community of peers with similar goals
Must have at least 10 youth to lead this program
Lesson Plan: Volunteer, teacher or staff implementing the program in their units should provide a minimum of 6- 8 lessons from the curriculum, but are encouraged to offer the curriculum at a longer length by doubling up lesson plans if possible.