Do you like to travel? Do you like to learn about different cultures? What would you like to see in the World? In this project area learn about different cultures and places you would like to visit.
Show Your Skills
- Complete the Illinois 4-H “Passport to The World” project manual
- Build a display about a country
Service and Leadership
- Write to a 4-H pen pal from another country
- Help plan an International Night
- Teach younger members in your club about a country
- Bake sale with international foods
- Learn a language and teach people to speak that language
- Virtual tours or live cameras from around the world
Connecting with a Mentor
- Contact area colleges or the University of Illinois Office of International Programs
- Friend or family member
- 4-H club leader
- 4-H International Night
- College international events (taste of cultures, cultural festivals, etc.)
- Community cultural events
- Contact a U.S. based cultural organization or religious group associated with a country of interest
Project Manuals & Exhibit Requirements
- 4-H Passport to the World
Purchase manuals on the Shop Illinois 4-H Store.
View exhibit requirements and scoresheets on the Illinois State Fair page.
Jane Chapman IAHCE State Board President
University of Illinois Extension staff that contributed to this resource include Rhonda Shubert.
4-H Spark Sheets are a collaborative effort of 4-H staff, volunteers, alumni and teens from across Illinois. A big thanks to the many contributors and reviewers!