Youth actively learn intermediate level angling skills that relate to an understanding of holistic freshwater aquatic ecosystems and fisheries management.
For Youth Grades 6-8, but may be easily adapted.
- Learn how water moves and methods to conserve the water supplies we have
- Explore the freshwater food chains and how water quality relates to better fish populations
- Learn how storm-water can cause non-point source pollution in our nations waterways
- Learn how to specifically target your fishing techniques to catch largemouth bass
Bass Fishing SPIN Clubs: 4-H Bass Fishing kits with necessary supplies are available at no charge for new or existing clubs that have at least 5 members interested in doing these activities as a club. Contact Curt Sinclair, Illinois 4-H via email to request a kit. View the curriculum here.
Sportsman’s Challenge is a self-guided series of activities that youth learn at their own pace, then they must communicate/demonstrate to a 4-H leader or Extension staff member of their competency of these activities. The adult leader or staff member then contacts Curt Sinclair who will keep track of 4-H members in a central database and periodically award prize incentives for individuals.
- Extension Educators: Environmental and Energy Stewardship
- Community Organizations including local Soil & Water Conservation Districts; Drainage Districts; etc.