Hello and welcome to 4-H Robotics! Robots are everywhere in everyday life. Learn to design, build, and program robots in an exciting and hands-on project. Robots make our lives more simple. They help us grow our food. They help us build our cars. They help us do tasks. Robots do jobs which are dirty, dangerous, and disgusting, but you won't hear them complain. Once programmed, they do the work that needs to be done.
2017 Health Bot Challenge Awards Winners, Scores & Images!
This year over 450 youth from 75 teams competed in what is now the largest Illinois 4-H robotics competitions to date! Of the 75 teams, 27 went home with one of 9 awards frome each of the three competition levels. Below is a list of each winner separtated by level.
2017 Health Bot Challenge Award List:
Best Table Performance Award- Broccoli Bots Team 2
Judge’s Award- Broccoli Bots Team 1
Team Spirit Award- Joker
Teamwork Award- The Sabretooth Mechas
Programming Award-CMS Team Inspire
Overall Robot Design Award- 4-H Scream Jr.
Most Creative Award- Catwoman
Champion Award-4-H Scream Jr.
Reserve Champion Award-High Voltage
Best Table Performance Award- Spocklings
Judge’s Award- Androids
Team Spirit Award- Mechanical Misfits
Teamwork Award- Atomic Chimps
Programming Award- Power Surge Blast
Overall Robot Design Award- Logan and the ninjas
Most Creative Award- Power Surge Storm
Champion Award- Ulti-Mat Master Builders
Reserve Champion Award- Spirit Peoria
Best Table Performance Award- Code One
Judge’s Award- Fox Formers Team Red
Team Spirit Award- The Squad 2.0
Teamwork Award- Error 404 Team Name Not Found?
Programming Award- Gear Heads
Overall Robot Design Award- Iron C.O.R.E
Most Creative Award- 4-H S.C.R.E.A.M Seniors
Champion Award- Iron C.O.R.E
Reserve Champion Award- # Awesome 2.0
Click on one of the following levels to download the competition scoresheet for that level. Scoresheets are ordered based on team number.
Follow the link below to view team photos, and images of the competition!
To request individual score sheets, please email me at email@example.com
Thank you all for your dedication and support, and for providing an awesome avenue for our youth to explore STEM. This year was a great year for robotics, and with your help, it will only get better!
Don't Forget to join the Illinois 4-H Robotics Facebook page to connect with hundreds of robotics members, coaches and families, and to receive instant updates about upcoming robotics events!
What can 4-H Robotics do for you?
- Illinois 4-H members are more likely than other youth to want a job related to science and see science as exciting.
- Illinois 4-H members know science helps solve life’s problems and can name careers related to 4-H projects.
- Illinois 4-H members are twice as likely to say they’re “good at” science compared to their peers.
- Overall, we see a pattern in which 4-H youth are reporting more positive attitudes toward science and stronger confidence in their science abilities than their peers, based on two national surveys.
- Across all ages, more youth in our Illinois 4-H science sample agree that science is useful for solving everyday problems than their peers in two national surveys.
TRY IF YOU LIKE: Robotics, Engineering, Problem Solving, Teamwork
FOR CLASSROOMS AND YOUTH AGE 8 – 18