From planning and leading the Illinois 4-H Jr. Leadership Conference, to walking the halls of the Illinois State Capitol talking to legislators, to representing Illinois 4-H at state and national events throughout the year, the Illinois State 4-H Youth Leadership Team provides an invaluable “youth voice” to our University of Illinois Extension State 4-H program.
The Illinois State 4-H Youth Leadership Team involves 15-22 4-H members and recent 4-H alumni (ages 16-21) who coordinate and assist with various area and statewide 4-H activities. Team members are involved in planning and implementing the Illinois 4-H Jr. Leadership Conference; assisting behind the scenes with events such as Illini Summer Academies and Illinois State Fair; serving as the training team for the Speaking for Illinois 4-H program; and serving on various statewide 4-H committees and boards (i.e. Illinois 4-H Foundation Board of Directors, Illinois Farm Bureau Youth Education Committee), among other duties.
The Youth Leadership Team offers 4-H members and recent 4-H alumni an opportunity to give back to the 4-H program while further enhancing their leadership skills. The Team is actively involved in assisting the State 4-H Office in planning, implementing, and evaluating various 4-H events and activities; representing Illinois at National 4-H Conference; and serving as a youth voice of the Illinois 4-H Youth Development Program.
- Lindsey Aden, Champaign County
- Anne Becker, Morgan County
- Caleb Grover, Christian County
- Amareon Naudain, Sangamon County
- Grace Skelton, Logan County
- Beth Warden, Cass County
- Megan Eppel, Lake County
- Julian Heidrich, Kendall County
- Julia Heller, Ogle County
- Paw Kaw Ku, Rock Island County
- Maddi Jo Maxwell, Hamilton County
- Sowmya Monroe, Winnebago County
- Charlotte Roberts, Lake County
- Josh Rossi, Grundy County
- Dori Russo, Winnebago County
- Hannah Barger, Pope County
- Parker Karrick, Marion County
- Andrea Miller, Franklin County
- Advisor Katie Duitsman, Extension 4-H Youth Development Specialist
- Advisor Johnna Jennings, Extension 4-H Youth Development Educator
- Advisor Brad Braddock, Marion County 4-H Volunteer