Learning to Teach
The Teen Teacher program is based on an experiential learning model.
- EXPERIENCE – Plan and teach activities for younger youth in your subject area (e.g. nutrition, robotics, gardening)
- SHARE –Share ideas with other Teen Teachers and Adult Mentors
- PROCESS – Opportunities to reflect on what worked and what could be changed to improve the learning experience
- GENERALIZE – Make changes to the activities as needed to support learning, keep younger youth engaged, and manage needs of different learners
- APPLY – Cycles of teaching, reflection and revision of plans over a period of at least 6 program sessions
You can be a 4-H Teen Teacher in your community, too. START YOUR JOURNEY... Click REQUEST PROGRAM.