4-H Health Rocks is all about building life skills which lead to healthy lifestyle choices. We help young people understand the consequences of tobacco, drugs, and alcohol so they have all the information they need to make wise choices. Part of decision making is learning to deal with peer pressure. We use interactive and team activities to get the message across, and we involve teens as teachers and mentors for their peers.
Health Rocks! aims to:
- Reduce youth smoking and tobacco use
- Help youth build life skills that lead to healthy lifestyle choices with special emphasis on youth smoking and tobacco use prevention
- Help youth understand influences and health consequences of tobacco, drug, and alcohol use to make healthy choices
- Engage youth and adults in partnership to develop and implement community strategies that promote healthy lifestyle choices
- Build positive, enduring relationships with youth involved as full partners through widely varying “communities of interest” to address youth risk behaviors.
4-H Health Rocks! is a healthy living program targeted at young people ages 8 to 14.