Create safe, affirming and fair environments where youth can improve their social and emotional learning, build positive relationships, and reduce bullying.
Training for staff, teen teachers and on-site program site staff will be provided as needed. The training can be provided for a combination of the staff, teen teachers and/or on-site program site staff; OR the training can be provided for staff in a train-the-trainer format so extension staff can provide additional training locally.
- Cultural Competency
- Personal Development
- Personal Safety
For Youth Grades 6–9
- Create an environment where youth work in partnership with adults to create environments that are physically and emotionally safe
- Youth will feel a sense of connection and belonging and establish positive bonds with peers, families and their community
- Youth will understand the complex issue of bullying; and learn alternative methods responding to bullying behavior
- Youth and adults will be engaged in partnership to develop and implement community strategies that promote safe and supportive environments
- Build positive, enduring relationships, with youth involved as full partners, to learn about human differences in healthy ways
Staff are should participate in Be SAFE: Safe, Affirming & Fair Environment training and/or orientation prior to program implementation. Staff interested in implementing the program develop an implementation plan and budget to support that identifies the number of youth they will reach with 8 hours of educational content. While not required, staff are encouraged to engage teen teachers in the delivery of the program content.
Community Organizations including other youth serving organizations; schools; and local civic groups