Inspire youth to grow their own food at an early age while nurturing their environmental awareness through horticulture and plant science activities. Program materials will include a gardening calendar with engaging gardening activities to accompany the growing season. Designed to spark a love for gardening at an early age under the guidance of a parent/guardian.
- Biological Science
- Civic Engagement
- Community Service
- Cultural Competency
- Food Advocacy
- Foods & Nutrition
- Healthy Living
- Plant Science
For Youth Grades PreK-3
- Increasing environmental awareness in youth through horticulture and environmental education activities.
- Promote the use and development of science process skills including observation, taking measurements and problem solving.
- Increase understanding of plant growth, plant development and the importance of soil and water in plant production.
- Increase interest in 4-H gardening project areas.
- Encourage and inspire youth to grow their own food and flowers and donate extra to local food pantries.
- Provide an opportunity for increased family engagement in 4-H programs.