¡Feliz Mes de la Herencia Hispana! Hispanic Heritage Month is observed each year September 15th - October 15th. This month celebrates not only the histories and cultures, but also the contributions of American citizens whose ancestors come from the Caribbean, Spain, Mexico, and Central/South America. Ready to celebrate? Here are some ideas of how you and your club can get involved on your own, with your family, as a club, or at school. These ideas can be done in person or celebrated virtually!
1. Learn - learn more about Hispanic Heritage Month, why it is celebrated, who celebrates it, and its history and impact at https://www.hispanicheritagemonth.gov/
2. Read - there are millions of books by talented Hispanic/Latino authors waiting to be discovered.Ask for recommendations at your local library.Make it a mini book club and discuss your pick with friends or at your club!
3. Watch - we can learn a lot through film and cinema. Choose movies to watch that help celebrate the Hispanic culture and experience.Host a viewing party with your club!
4. Give - choose a service project for yourself or your club that benefits a non-profit in your area that serves the Hispanic community!
5. Cook - prepare a traditional Hispanic recipe for dinner as a club or with your family. Make it as authentic as possible by researching the dish's origin and different versions of the recipep
6. Experience - head to a museum or cultural exhibit in your area to learn more about Hispanic history and cultures.Don't have a museum close by?Check out an online exhibit and explore it with your club!
7. View - have a Hispanic Heritage Awards viewing party! View clips at https://hispanicheritage.org/ to learn about the incredible impact and influence of Hispanic/Latino communities.
8. Get Involved -
¿Listo para más? Ready for more?
Hispanic heritage celebrates a diverse range of countries, cultures and languages that you can help celebrate and honor! Pick a new country to explore every week!