Nothing feels better than riding your bicycle with friends. Be safe while you have fun. Ride for transportation, exercise, or competition! Learn the essentials for getting started safely and successfully, including how to choose a bike, bike maintenance and repair, and road rules to make riding safe and fun. Join a cycling club in your community, ride off-road, tour, or race!
The bicycle project has two levels, level 1 suggested for grades 3-5 and level 2 suggested for grades 6-8. The bicycle project, in addition to being fun, will also help the 4-H member:
- Demonstrate safe cycling skills.
- Repair and maintain a bicycle.
- Plan and participate in cycling activities and events.
- Create an awareness of recreational, health and other applications of cycling.
- Practice the life skills of decision making, leadership, planning, organizing and communication.