DARE to build your leadership skills. If you want to hang out with other teens while you learn to be a better leader, this conference is for you. Totally redesign with teens in mind!
The conference is Saturday & Sunday, January 13-14, 2018 at the Decatur Conference Center & Hotel. Workshop sessions will focus on public speaking, watching your digital identity, social media marketing, advocating for a cause, becoming a leader, finding your leadership niche, and youth and adult partnerships. Space is limited and on a first-come, first-served basis. Don't have a "group?" Ask the Extension office to find a group for you. Registration is all handled by the adult mentor or leader for your organization. An adult must accompany every group. Registration will close on Monday, December 4. DARE to LEAD – and join us!
Choose your favorites from these workshops:
- Your Digital Image: What is your Brand? Learn what your online profile really says about you and how to build a digital identity that shows college acceptance officers, scholarship committees, and potential employers what they want to see.
- Let’s Shout About It: Speaking in front of a group is the #1 fear, but it’s required of leaders. Learn tips to help alleviate some of that anxiety and become more comfortable in preparing presentations.
- Snap, Post, Tweet, Repeat: You know your group is amazing, but who else does? Explore ways you can use SnapChat, Instagram, and other social media sites to help your group raise funds, recruit members, or share the good stuff your group is doing to change the world. Yep, we’ll be snapping and posting throughout the session!
- Advocate for Change: You want to change a school rule or convince the park district that a skateboard park is needed. Where do you start, what steps are needed, or who do you need to talk to? This session will help you get organized and prepared to make the impact needed to advocate for change in your community around issues that are important to you.
- Check In: 9 a.m. on Saturday, January 13, 2018
- Program Ends: 11:15 a.m. on Sunday, January 14, 2018
Cancellations & Refunds
All cancellations and refund requests must be received in writing by the State 4-H Office by 5 p.m. on the date specified below in order to receive any portion of a refund. Requests may e-mailed to illinois4H@illinois.edu.
- Cancellations prior to 5 p.m. on December 4, 2017 will receive a full refund.
- Cancellations made between December 4, 2017 (5 p.m.) and December 18, 2017 (5 p.m.) will receive a 50% refund.
- No refunds will be issued for cancellations received after 5:00 p.m. on December 18, 2017.
This event is supported by the Illinois 4-H Foundation. That support has already been included in the final cost.