Don’t miss this chance for a fun-filled overnight event where you’ll get an in-depth look at everything available in Illinois 4-H and start your leadership journey. Planned and organized by the Illinois State 4-H Youth Leadership Team, this weekend, overnight conference for 7th and 8th grade 4-H members offers you a chance to explore new 4-H project areas, learn activities and games they can take home to their own 4-H clubs, learn and practice new leadership skills, and meet kids your age from across the state.
What could be better than camping in February! Get all you need to survive the 4-H leadership wilderness at the 2019 Illinois 4-H Junior Leadership Conference. February 23-24, 2019 at the Hawthorn Suites in Champaign, this weekend conference will include a variety of hands-on workshop sessions, team-building activities, making new friends, and more!
More Fun Than You Can Imagine
- Survival Wearables: Having a blast at camp with friends is the best! Yet, there are many kids in the world who will never get this opportunity. In this workshop, you'll work with Real Hope for Haiti to help dress boys and girls around the world!
- The Wilderness Challenge: Do you have what it takes? Come experience the wilderness and try your best to overcome both physical and mental challenging obstacles.
- Exploring the Forest of 4-H: In this workshop, youth will discover all of the different opportunities that 4-H has to offer. The possibilities in 4-H are endless. 4-H offers opportunities in science, agriculture and citizenship, in a positive environment where they receive guidance from adult mentors and are encouraged to take on proactive leadership roles. Explore the forest of 4-H to search for the teams you can be a part of, places you can travel, and people you can meet.
- Crafty Rafty: Venture into the unknown with only a backpack as you build a raft to help you and your fellow explorers cross a ravine. This workshop allows attendees to work together and be creative to accomplish their goal!
- Science Explorers: Join us to explore different area of science under the Milky Way. You'll create glow-in-the-dark elephant toothpaste, experience the effects of static electricity, and fly to the stars with your homemade rockets.
- Check In: 10 – 11 AM, Saturday, Feb. 23
- Pick Up: by 11:45 AM, Sunday, Feb. 24
Cost is $160
Cancellations & Refunds
All cancellations and refund requests must be received in writing to the State 4-H Office on the date specified below in order to receive any portion of a refund. Email requests to email@example.com.
- Cancellations received by January 18, 2019 will receive a full refund.
- Cancellations received between January 19 and February 8, 2019 will receive a 50% refund.
- No refunds will be issued for cancellations received after February 8, 2019.
Interested adults (at least 21 years of age) may apply by registering on the JLC online registration (click on link at the right). Chaperones must be current with 4-H volunteer trainings. There is no charge for chaperones since their cost is covered by the Illinois 4-H Foundation. Note that to help keep costs for the conference as low as possible, chaperones will have one roommate, but a preferred roommate (not a youth participant) may be requested.
Twenty $50 scholarships are available for first-time 4-H member attendees who need financial assistance in order to attend. To apply, print and submit a scholarship application by January 7, 2019. If accepted for a scholarship, members will receive a check following attendance at the event. Download the application HERE. We appreciate the support of the Illinois 4-H Foundation for providing these scholarships.